Tom Gulitti has put together a nice update on all of the Devils injuries and who’s looking to return soon. Here’s the latest on all the Devils who find themselves still ailing – and my speculations on when they may return.
- John Madden skated Tuesday in practice back in New Jersey. He is not going to make the trip down to Florida, but expect to see him – at the very least – in the pre-game skate in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Depending on how it feels, he may play Saturday.
- Bobby Holikalso skated on Tuesday -for the first time since his broken pinkie. (Not for nothing – but why couldn’t he skate with a broken pinkie?) He most likely won’t see any practice time with the team for until mid next week.
- Brian Rolstondid make some time on the ice. He will be practicing with the team later than Holik as his right ankle is still not 100%.
- Andre Greene was also on the ice, and was going to have his hand looked at by the team doctor later on Tuesday. The results of that meeting have yet to been released…
- David Clarkson – Bet you didn’t know he was injured. He is today! And guess what, he hurt his right foot. His foot was struck by a puck shot during practice. He says he’s just fine and left practice for “precautionary” reasons and will “be able to go tomorrow.”
As expected, there are no updates on Martin Brodeur.
There are no expected roster changes for Wednesday’s game against Florida, and coach Brent Sutter has not disclosed who will be starting in net. If he goes with Scott Clemmensen, expect him to be the typical net minder as long as he doesn’t a) screw up and b) get injured… 😯